Dean Castle Country Park
Client: East Ayrshire Council
Contract: SBCC standard Building Contract (with quantities)
Regeneration of the existing country park. Refurbishment of two existing buildings (visitors centre and Rural Life Centre) complete with extensions to provide residential space for education purposes, office facilities for park Rangers and staff and visitors services such as cafes, etc.
External/civils works including the construction of bridges (up to 26m span), creation and improvement of the “Green Network” paths, pond formation, paving and tree/shrub planting.
- All standard building packages including concrete, steel and timber frames, block work, windows doors, Surface and foul drainage, mechanical and electrical installations.
- Existing wings and external buildings such as public toilets etc decommissioned and demolished and replaced with new.
- Additional items include rainwater harvesting, Biomass, spiral staircases, sprinkler design.
- Bridge construction - contractor design element. Create access, excavate and construct foundations and install bridges.
- Paths - upgrade paths incl. fill material, tar, timber edging etc. Install steps and boardwalks through wetlands.
- Pond - 3000m3 cut and fill to create pond and landscape area. Pond lined and planted using wetland mix soils and plants.
- Hard Landscaping - Landscaping to buildings, including the castle area comprising of granite setts, Caithness slabs and relocation of various monuments and statues.