Ewe Hill Wind Farm Control Building
Client: SP Energy Networks
The construction of the new Ewe Hill Substation Control Building for the new 132/33kV
- Reinforced concrete pad foundation
- Reinforced concrete floor slab with split levels to create service void
- Erection of steel portal frame with cold rolled purlins and cladding rails. All steel fire protected with intumescent paint to achieve 60min fire protection
- Composite cladding panels to roof and external walls
- Internal fair faced blockwork to form a Relay Control Room, LVAC Room, Battery Room and staff accommodation
- Installation of Stormsaver rainwater harvesting unit
- Electrical works included new distribution board. Electrical fit-out including small power and Thorn and Thorlux lighting. All containment including cable baskets and trunking. Installation of new fire alarm and intruder detection system.
- Mechanical installations include installation electric convector heaters, invertor units and heat pumps controlled with BMS system. New incoming water supply installed alongside above ground foul water disposal. New sanitary ware for toilet and WC.
- Internal fit out including installation of new 60min fire rated door, raised access floors, new suspended plasterboard ceilings and new kitchen