Johnstone Sub Station Enabling Works
Client: Scottish Power / Iberdrola
Enabling works for Johnstone 132/32kv T1/T2 Transformer replacement
- Repair the existing reinforced concrete disconnector support structure.
- Replacement of concrete trench covers with m/d solid top GRP covers.
- Internal brickwork to the LVAC room of the control building and bricking up of window and door openings
- Formation of new external/internal openings to control building
- New access road into the existing substation.
- Removal of existing concrete foundations/slabs and installation of a new skid slab
- Capping of all drainage and services prior to demolition of the existing oil plant and LVAC building.
- New foundations and brick piers to strengthen the existing boundary wall.
- New access road and pedestrian access path
- Services installations including heating, lighting, small power, ventilation and alarm systems
- Removal of part of boundary wall and installation of new security gate
- Installation of steel plates at the new vehicle access gate