Middlemuir Coalburn - Civil Works
Client: SP Energy Networks
A 55.5MW wind farm is currently being developed by Banks Renewables, with location at, map reference 285925,626663, for which a grid connection is required. To facilitate the grid connection a new 33kV/132kV SP-T substation will be constructed adjacent to the developers 33kV substation, from which a 132kV underground cable feeder will connect to the main and reserve busbar of Coalburn 132kV substation.
Coalburn substation is a 400kV/132kV configuration which has provision for 4 additional feeders, one of which will be the 132kV cable connection to the proposed SPT Middlemuir substation.
- Installation of temp hardstandings
- Reinforced concrete foundations
- Cable ducting – including connection into existing GRP troughing
- New below ground earthing including connections to existing
- Reinstatement of all working areas
- All works within live substation