Robroyston Roundabout and Distributor Road
Client: Park Lane Robroyston Ltd
Contract: Infrastructure Conditions of Contract
Removal of existing roundabout to the South of M80 and creation of new larger roundabout and approximately 750m of roadway.
- Construction works to increase roundabout from 11m diameter to 47m diameter
- Existing on/off slip roads re-aligned to tie in with new roundabout
- Installation of pipework ranging in size from 150mm to 900mm diameter
- Dewatering of excavation prior to to construction of new culverts
- Relocation of gas/water mains
- Extensive earthworks and excavations up to 5m deep. 30,000m³ unsuitable materials (stockpiled for potential future non–loadbearing use)
- Installation of 12,000m² of Tensar Stratum System to mitigate the effects of differential settlement in areas of peat. Infilled with 60,000t of recycled 6F2 from our Summerston facility
- Installation of Kerbing, gullies and manholes
- Construction of 750m of new carriageway and footpath to adoptable standard including asphalt surfacing and road markings
- Fencing works, both post and rail and guardrail alongside crash barrier installation
- Installation of precast concrete retaining wall as part of new cycle-path/walkway
- Installation of lighting columns and ducting
- Traffic signal installation to 2 no controlled crossings
- Interface with AMCO on an ongoing basis as they are constructing the station at both north and south side of the railway
- Japanese Knotweed was present on site which was excavated and hauled to a central treatment area and treated on an ongoing basis by ERS on behalf of client.
- Management of various different stakeholders and satisfying their demands in order to firstly gain access to the network and then deliver the roundabout element of the works.