360 Excavator below 10 Tonnes
Days: 1 – 10 (last day for CPCS testing)
1 – 4
By the end of the course the operator should be able to:
- Safely use quick hitch.
- Lift and deposit loads. (Endorsement Test Optional)
- Carry out a pre-start inspection.
- Operate safely under varying site conditions.
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine service.
- Excavate to various depths and formations and reinstate ground.
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under relevant legislation.
- Operate machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ manual and instructions and accepted good practice.
- Refuelling procedures
- Loading vehicles
- Travelling on inclines
- Relevant regulations/legislation
- Travelling on undulating ground
- Lift and move basic slung loads (Endorsement Test Optional)
- Pre-start inspections/maintenance
- Forming stock piles
- Introduction to machine
- Controls and instruments
- Various sizes of excavations
- Excavate to levels
- Back-filling and levelling
- CPCS Theory Test Preparation
CPCS Trained Operator Card – Valid for 2 years.
Luddon Construction Ltd Theory and Practical Certificate for in-house courses.
The CPCS Trained Operator Card is not renewable (see follow-on courses below).
360° Excavator Refresher Course after 3 years for in-house courses.
Any Other Relevant Information
Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) Testing is carried out to CPCS standards by CPCS Approved Testers. CPCS testing consists of passing a Health, Safety and Environment test, then a CPCS Theory Test followed by a CPCS Practical Test. All tests may be monitored by CPCS.
Recommended Follow-On Courses
CPCS require that a Vocational Qualification (VQ) in Plant Operations (level 2) on 360° Excavator is achieved within 2 years of gaining a CPCS Trained Operator Card. A CPCS Competent Operator Card, for this category, can be applied for upon achievement of the relevant VQ. The CPCS Competent Operator Card is valid for 5 years and is renewable.
There are no upcoming courses in 360 Excavator below 10 Tonnes
To enquire about this course please fill in the form below