CPCS Appointed Person (Lifting Operations)
Days: 1 – 4 (last day for CPCS testing)
1 – 8
By the end of the course the delegate should be able to:
- Carry out planning for selection of cranes, personnel and lifting equipment for the management of a lifting operation to the required standard.
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of safe and appropriate techniques for planning lifting operations.
- Plan the lift including resources required to supervise, co-ordinate and control all types of lifting operations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under relevant legislation
- Relevant legislation
- BS 7121
- British safety signals
- Cranes: types and terms
- Crane documentation
- Tower crane appreciation
- Role of an appointed person
- Control of the lifting operation
- Preparing lifting plans
- Manufacturers’ recommendations
- Safe planning of lifts
- Duties of a lifting supervisor
- Identification of suitable ground conditions
- Sequence of siting a crane
- Crane stability and duty charts
- Safety devices
- Safe slinging
- Safe systems of work, including method statements
- Rigging and reeving
- Automatic safe load indicators
- Multi crane lifting
- CPCS theory preparation
CPCS Trained Operator Card – Valid for 2 years.
Luddon Construction Ltd Theory and Practical Certificate for in-house courses.
The CPCS Trained Operator Card is not renewable (see follow on-courses below).
Any Other Relevant Information
Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) Testing is carried out to CPCS standards by CPCS Approved Testers.
CPCS testing consists of passing a Health, Safety and Environment test for Managers and Professionals, then a CPCS Theory Test followed by a CPCS Practical Test. All tests may be monitored by CPCS.
Recommended Follow-On Courses
CPCS require that a Vocational Qualification (VQ) L3 in Controlling Lifting Operations : Planning Lifts is achieved within 2 years of gaining a CPCS Trained Operator Card. A CPCS Competent Operator Card, for this category, can be applied for upon achievement of the relevant VQ. The CPCS Competent Operator Card is valid for 5 years and is renewable.
There are 2 upcoming courses in Crane Appointed Person
On the following dates
- 10 Aug 2020
- 07 Dec 2020
To book or enquire fill in the form below