Days: 1 – 3 (last day for CPCS testing)
1 – 6
This course will enable you to undertake the duties of a crane supervisor as defined by the appointed person.
You will learn how to comply with legislation, regulations, Codes of Practice and industrial requirements.
- Legislation, regulations and Codes of Practice relating to lifting duties
- Safe systems of work including method statements
- Taking personal responsibility
- Different types of cranes and associated terminology
- Understanding crane documentation
- Understanding crane stability, duty charts and safety devices
- Crane appreciation
- Observing British Standard 7121
- Understanding the role of crane supervisor
- Understanding the role of appointed person
- Preparing an area with exclusion zones.
CPCS Trained Operator Card – Valid for 2 years.
Luddon Construction Ltd Theory and Practical Certificate for in-house courses.
The CPCS Trained Operator Card is not renewable (see follow on-courses below).
Any Other Relevant Information
Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) Testing is carried out to CPCS standards by CPCS Approved Testers.
CPCS testing consists of passing a Health, Safety and Environment test for Managers and Professionals, then a CPCS Theory Test followed by a CPCS Practical Test. All tests may be monitored by CPCS.
Recommended Follow-On Courses
CPCS require that a Vocational Qualification (VQ) L3 in Controlling Lifting Operations is achieved within 2 years of gaining a CPCS Trained Operator Card.
A CPCS Competent Operator Card, for this category, can be applied for upon achievement of the relevant VQ.
The CPCS Competent Operator Card is valid for 5 years and is renewable.
There are no upcoming courses in Crane Supervisor
To enquire about this course please fill in the form below