Crusher and Screener
Days: 1 – 5 (last day for CPCS testing)
1 – 4
By the end of the course the operator should be able to:
- Carry out a pre-start inspection
- Be able to operate safely under varying site conditions.
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine services.
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under relevant legislation.
- Operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers
- Instructions and accepted good practice.
- Current relevant regulations.
- Introduction to machine.
- Pre – shift inspections.
- Controls and instruments.
- Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems.
- Positioning of conveyers and hoppers.
- Emergency stop operations.
- Observing and controlling the outputs during crushing activities
- Shutting down and securing the machine
CPCS Red Trained Operator Card – Valid for 2 years (non renewable).
Luddon Construction Ltd Theory and Practical Certificate for in-house courses.
The CPCS Trained Operator Card is not renewable (see follow-on courses below).
Crusher / Screener Refresher Course after 3 years for in-house courses.
Any Other Relevant Information
Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) Testing is carried out to CPCS standards by CPCS Approved Testers. CPCS testing consists of passing a Health, Safety and Environment test, then a CPCS Theory Test followed by a CPCS Practical Test. All tests may be monitored by CPCS.
Recommended Follow-On Courses
CPCS require that a Vocational Qualification (VQ) in Plant Operations (level 2) on Crusher / Screener is achieved within 2 years of gaining a CPCS Trained Operator Card. A CPCS Competent Operator Card, for this category, can be applied for upon achievement of the relevant VQ. The CPCS Competent Operator Card is valid for 5 years and is renewable.
There are no upcoming courses in Crusher and Screener
To enquire about this course please fill in the form below