Days: 1 – 5 (last day for CPCS testing)
1 – 4
By the end of the course the operator should be able to:
- Carry out pre-start inspection.
- Operate safely under varying site conditions.
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine service.
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under relevant legislation.
- Operate machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ manual and instructions and accepted good practice.
- Understand the causes of instability of the truck and the load.
- Be able to position the vehicle for loading from and dumping into excavations etc.
- Current relevant regulations
- Introduction to machine
- Pre – shift inspections
- Controls and instruments
- Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems
- Driving loading and unloading
CPCS Red Trained Operator Card – Valid for 2 years (non renewable).
Luddon Construction Ltd Theory and Practical Certificate for in-house courses.
The CPCS Trained Operator Card is not renewable (see follow-on courses below).
Loading Shovel Refresher Course after 3 years for in-house courses.
Any Other Relevant Information
Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) Testing is carried out to CPCS standards by CPCS Approved Testers. CPCS testing consists of passing a Health, Safety and Environment test, then a CPCS Theory Test followed by a CPCS Practical Test. All tests may be monitored by CPCS.
Recommended Follow-On Courses
CPCS require that a Vocational Qualification (VQ) in Plant Operations (level 2) on Dump Truck is achieved within 2 years of gaining a CPCS Trained Operator Card. A CPCS Competent Operator Card, for this category, can be applied for upon achievement of the relevant VQ. The CPCS Competent Operator Card is valid for 5 years and is renewable.
There are no upcoming courses in Dump Truck
To enquire about this course please fill in the form below