Days: 1 – 5 (last day for CPCS testing)
1 – 3
By the end of the course the operator should be able to:
- Carry out a pre-start inspection.
- Load and unload vehicles.
- Understand the causes of instability of truck and load.
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under relevant legislation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of battery care (if applicable).
- Operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ manual and
- instructions and accepted good practice.
- Relevant regulations/legislation
- Introduction to machine
- Controls and instruments
- Limitations of use
- Load weight assessment
- Forklift truck stability
- Components and main truck types
- Driving a counterbalance lift truck
- Refuelling/recharging procedures
- Rated capacity chart
- Battery Checks
- Pre-start inspection/maintenance
- Emergency controls
- Operator’s safety code
- Handling loaded/unloaded pallets
- Working within a racking system
- Bulk stacking
- Vehicle loading/unloading
- Introduction to hydraulics
- CPCS Theory Test preparation
CPCS Red Trained Operator Card – Valid for 2 years (non renewable).
Luddon Construction Ltd Certificate for in-house courses.
The CPCS Trained Operator Card is not renewable (see follow-on courses below).
Counterbalance Forklift Refresher Course after 3 years for in-house courses.
Any Other Relevant Information
Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) Testing is carried out to CPCS standards by CPCS Approved Testers. CPCS testing consists of passing a Health, Safety and Environment test, then a CPCS Theory Test followed by a CPCS Practical Test. All tests may be monitored by CPCS.
There are no upcoming courses in Industrial Forklift
To enquire about this course please fill in the form below