Days: 1 – 4 (last day for CPCS testing)
1 – 6
By the end of the course the delegate should be able to:
- Understand and follow lift plans.
- Select, attach and detach appropriate lifting accessories.
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under relevant legislation.
- Determine the serviceability of accessories and how to maintain and store them correctly.
- Establish the weight and dimensions of loads and communicate this information to the crane operator.
- Direct the actions of a crane moving loads, by giving clear signals to ensure safety of personnel and plant.
- Code of signals
- Slinging methods
- LOLER Certification
- Relevant regulations/legislation
- Basic, standard and complex lifts
- Handling/storage of accessories
- Selection of lifting accessories
- Calculate safe working loads
- Effects of varying the angles of multi-leg slings
- Hazards associated with crane operations and how to avoid them
- Understanding of lift plans
- CPCS Theory Test Preparation
CPCS Trained Operator Card – Valid for 2 years.
Luddon Construction Ltd Certificate for in-house courses.
The CPCS Trained Operator Card is not renewable (see follow-on courses below).
Slinger Signaller Refresher Course after 3 years for in-house courses.
Any Other Relevant Information
Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) Testing is carried out to CPCS standards by CPCS Approved Testers. CPCS testing consists of passing a Health, Safety and Environment test, then a CPCS Theory Test followed by a CPCS Practical Test. All tests may be monitored by CPCS.
Recommended Follow-On Courses
CPCS require that a Vocational Qualification (VQ) L2 in Controlling Lifting Operations: Slinger Signaller is achieved within 2 years of gaining a CPCS Trained Operator Card. A CPCS Competent Operator Card, for this category, can be applied for upon achievement of the relevant VQ. The CPCS Competent Operator Card is valid for 5 years and is renewable.
There is 1 upcoming course in Slinger Signaller
On the following dates
- 17 Sep 2019
To book or enquire fill in the form below