Days: 1 – 5 (last day for CPCS testing)
1 – 3
By the end of the course the operator should be able to:
- Load and unload vehicles.
- Carry out a pre-start inspection.
- Load and unload loadout towers.
- Operate safely under varying site conditions.
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine service.
- Understand the causes of instability of truck and loads.
- Set stabilisers correctly – have machine stable and level.
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under relevant legislation.
- Operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ manual and instructions and accepted good practice.
- Limitations of use
- Fork truck stability
- Load weight assessment
- Relevant regulations/legislation
- Introduction to machine
- Safe Load Indicator (if fitted)
- Pre-start inspection/maintenance
- CPCS Theory Test Preparation
- Travel over undulating ground
- Loading onto/off loadout towers
- Hill starts
- Refuelling procedures
- Bulk stacking
- Operator’s safety code
- Travelling on inclines
- Controls and instruments
- Components of lift trucks
- Introduction to hydraulics
- Loading/unloading vehicles
- Handling various types of loads
- Rated capacity charts
CPCS Trained Operator Card – Valid for 2 years.
Luddon Construction Ltd Theory and Practical Certificate for in-house courses.
The CPCS Trained Operator Card is not renewable (see follow-on courses below).
Telescopic Handler Refresher Course after 3 years for in-house courses.
Any Other Relevant Information
Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) Testing is carried out to CPCS standards by CPCS Approved Testers. CPCS testing consists of passing a Health, Safety and Environment test, then a CPCS Theory Test followed by a CPCS Practical Test. All tests may be monitored by CPCS.
Recommended Follow-On Courses
CPCS require that a Vocational Qualification (VQ) in Plant Operations (level 2) on Telescopic Handler is achieved within 2 years of gaining a CPCS Trained Operator Card. A CPCS Competent Operator Card, for this category, can be applied for upon achievement of the relevant VQ. The CPCS Competent Operator Card is valid for 5 years and is renewable.
There is 1 upcoming course in Telehandler
On the following dates
- 04 Oct 2019
To book or enquire fill in the form below