1 – 12
By the end of the course the delegate should be able to:
- Demonstrate the correct method of manual handling of objects.
- Understand their responsibilities under relevant legislation.
- Demonstrate the practices of manual handling and lifting as described in The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992.
- MHOR 1992
- Relevant regulations/legislation
- Duties of employees
- Duties of employers
- Introduction to manual handling
- Principles of good movement
- Types and causes of injury
- Anatomy of the spine
- Theoretical examination
- Identifying the load
- Mechanical aids
- Task analysis
- Practical application of lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying
Luddon Construction Ltd Certificate – Valid for 3 years.
Manual Handling Awareness Refresher Course after 3 years.
Any Other Relevant Information
As all personnel are at risk of injury through carrying out manual handling tasks as part of their duties, this course can be adapted to suit all workplaces.
There are 2 upcoming courses in Manual Handling
On the following dates
- 02 Oct 2019
- 12 Dec 2019
To book or enquire fill in the form below