VQ Crane Appointed Person
There is no set time for the VQ achievement process to take; candidates can work towards gaining the award at their own pace.
In order to complete this VQ the candidate must be able to:
- Provide evidence of their own work proving competence in Controlling Lifting Operations: Planning Lifts.
- Allow observation visits from assessor.
- Undertake recorded professional discussions.
Units to be Achieved
- Develop and maintain good working relationships.
- Plan lifting activities.
- Plan work activities and resources to meet work requirements.
- Evaluate and select work methods.
- Plan the preparation of the site for the project.
- Identify, allocate and plan the deployment and use of plant, equipment or machinery.
- Plan and establish health, safety, welfare and environmental systems for lifting operations.
- Work log books.
- Work sheets and time sheets.
- Oral questioning by the assessor.
- Practical observations.
- Recorded professional discussion.
- Course certificates from previously attended related courses.
- Witness testimony from management that is verified by an assessor.
- Written question papers produced by the assessor to quantify knowledge.
SQA SVQ Level 4
Any Other Relevant Information
Upon achievement of SVQ Level 4 and a Health, Safety and Environment Test for Managers and Professionals, the candidate can apply for a CPCS Competent Operator Card as Appointed Person. The CPCS Competent Operator Card is valid for 5 years and is renewable.
There are no upcoming courses in VQ Crane Appointed Person
To enquire about this course please fill in the form below