VQ Plant Operations
There is no set time for the VQ achievement process to take; candidates can work towards gaining the award at their own pace.
In order to complete this SVQ the candidate must be able to:
- Provide evidence of their own work proving competence in Plant Operations.
- Identify hazards and follow safe systems of work, looking after own welfare.
- Demonstrate that they have the necessary practical skill on category of plant.
- Demonstrate the knowledge to work productively, effectively and efficiently.
- Allow observation visits from Assessor.
4 x Mandatory Units required
- Conform to General Workplace Health, Safety and Welfare
- Conform to Productive Work Practices
- Prepare Plant or Machinery for Operational Performance
Then, depending upon category of machine, either:
- Operate Plant or Machinery to Extract
- Operate Plant or Machinery to Excavate
- Operate Plant or Machinery to Construct and Form
- Operate Plant or Machinery to Receive and Transport Loads
- Operate Plant or Machinery for Accessing
- Operate Plant or Machinery to Lay and Distribute
- Operate Plant or Machinery to Compact
- Operate Plant or Machinery to Process
- Work sheets and time sheets.
- Work log books.
- Witness testimony from management that is verified by an assessor.
- Oral questioning by the assessor.
- Written question papers produced by the assessor to quantify knowledge.
- Course certificates from previously attended related courses.
- Practical observations.
SQA SVQ Level 2 in Plant Operations.
CITB CSkills Awards Level 2 in Plant Operations
Any Other Relevant Information
Upon achievement of the SVQ Level 2 and the Health, Safety and Environment Test, the candidate can apply for a CPCS Competent Operator Card on the specific category. The CPCS Competent Operator Card is valid for 5 years and is renewable. In order to go straight to a CPCS Competent Operator Card, operatives must complete VQ and pass CSCS Health, Safety and Environment Test as well as CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
There are no upcoming courses in VQ Plant Operations
To enquire about this course please fill in the form below