VQ Slinger Signaller
There is no set time for the VQ achievement process to take; candidates can work towards gaining the award at their own pace.
In order to complete this SVQ the candidate must be able to:
- Provide evidence of their own work proving competence in Controlling Lifting Operations: Slinger Signaller.
- Identify hazards and follow safe systems of work, looking after own welfare.
- Demonstrate the knowledge to work productively, effectively and efficiently.
- Allow observation visits from assessor.
Units to be Achieved
- Conform to General Workplace Health, Safety and Welfare.
- Prepare Lifting Accessories for Operational Performance.
- Attach and Prepare Suspended Loads for Movement.
- Guide and Place Suspended Loads.
- Move, Handle or Store Resources (optional).
- Work log books.
- Work sheets and time sheets.
- Oral questioning by the assessor.
- Practical observations.
- Recorded professional discussion.
- Course certificates from previously attended related courses.
- Witness testimony from management that is verified by an assessor.
- Written question papers produced by the assessor to quantify knowledge.
CITB CSkills Awards Level 2
Any Other Relevant Information
Upon achievement of the SVQ Level 2 and the Health, Safety and Environment Test, the candidate can apply for a CPCS Competent Operator Card on the specific category. The CPCS Competent Operator Card is valid for 5 years and is renewable. In order to go straight to a CPCS Competent Operator Card, operatives must complete VQ and pass CSCS Health, Safety and Environment Test as well as CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
There are no upcoming courses in VQ Slinger Signaller
To enquire about this course please fill in the form below