Days: 1 – 6 (last day for CPCS testing)
1 – 4
By the end of the course the operator should be able to:
- Fit PTO shaft and secure shaft guards.
- Perform daily checks.
- Safely enter and leave cab.
- Understand instruments and controls.
- Control tractor in forward and reverse directions.
- Control tractor in forward and reverse directions, with trailer or implements.
- Attach and detach implements and PTO shafts between implement and tractor.
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under relevant legislation.
- Operate machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ manual and instructions and accepted good practice
- Relevant regulations/legislation
- Undulating ground
- Pre-start inspections/maintenance
- Accident prevention
- Operating/turning on inclines
- CPCS Theory Test Preparation
- Driving the tractor
- Use of PTO shafts
- Learning controls
- Mounted implements
- Use of hitching systems
- Reversing the tractor with trailer
CPCS Trained Operator Card – Valid for 2 years.
Luddon Construction Ltd Theory and Practical Certificate for in-house courses.
The CPCS Trained Operator Card is not renewable (see follow-on courses below).
Agricultural Tractor Refresher Course after 3 years for in-house courses.
Any Other Relevant Information
Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) Testing is carried out to CPCS standards by CPCS Approved Testers. CPCS testing consists of passing a Health, Safety and Environment test, then a CPCS Theory Test followed by a CPCS Practical Test. All tests may be monitored by CPCS.
Recommended Follow-On Courses
CPCS require that a Vocational Qualification (VQ) in Plant Operations (level 2) on Agricultural Tractor is achieved within 2 years of gaining CPCS Trained Operator Card. A CPCS Competent Operator Card, for this category, can be applied for upon achievement of the relevant VQ. The CPCS Competent Operator Card is valid for 5 years and is renewable.
There are no upcoming courses in Agricultural Tractor
To enquire about this course please fill in the form below