CPCS Forward Tipping Dumper
Days: 1 – 5 (last day for CPCS testing)
1 – 4
By the end of the course the operator should be able to:
- instructions and accepted good practice.
- Operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ manual and
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under relevant legislation.
- Position dumper for loading from and discharging into, excavations.
- Understand the causes of instability of dumper and load.
- Operate safely under varying site conditions.
- Carry out a pre-start inspection.
- Use of stop blocks
- Position for loading
- Relevant regulations/legislation
- Travelling on inclines
- Refuelling procedures
- Introduction to machine
- Hill starts
- Controls and instruments
- Pre-start inspection/maintenance
- Driving, loading and unloading
- Use of various types of skips
- CPCS Theory Test Preparation
CPCS Red Trained Operator Card – Valid for 2 years (non renewable).
Luddon Construction Ltd Theory and Practical Certificate for in-house courses.
The CPCS Trained Operator Card is not renewable (see follow-on courses below).
Forward Tipping Dumper Refresher Course after 3 years for in-house courses.
Any Other Relevant Information
Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) Testing is carried out to CPCS standards by CPCS Approved Testers. CPCS testing consists of passing a Health, Safety and Environment test, then a CPCS Theory Test followed by a CPCS Practical Test. All tests may be monitored by CPCS.
Recommended Follow-On Courses
CPCS require that a Vocational Qualification (VQ) in Plant Operations (level 2) on Forward Tipping Dumper is achieved within 2 years of gaining a CPCS Trained Operator Card. A CPCS Competent Operator Card, for this category, can be applied for upon achievement of the relevant VQ. The CPCS Competent Operator Card is valid for 5 years and is renewable.
There are 5 upcoming courses in CPCS Forward Tipping Dumper
On the following dates
- 15 Jul 2019
- 19 Aug 2019
- 09 Sep 2019
- 14 Oct 2019
- 11 Nov 2019
To book or enquire fill in the form below