MEWP Boom - Scissor
Days: 1 – 4 (last day for CPCS testing)
1 – 4
By the end of the course the operator should be able to:
- Site and operate machine safely in relation to task.
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under current relevant legislation.
- Operate machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ manual and instructions and accepted good practice.
- Demonstrate an understanding for the need of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Relevant regulations/legislation
- Operator’s Code of Safe Practice
- Introduction to machine
- Controls and instruments
- Limitations of use
- Components of machine
- Pre-start inspection/maintenance
- Overhead trapping dangers
- Servicing and inspection
- Emergency controls
- Moving and locating machine
- Tilt alarms
- Weather conditions
- PPE recommendations
- Ground inspection
- Main platform types
- Spatial awareness
- CPCS Theory Test preparation
CPCS Trained Operator Card – Valid for 2 years.
Luddon Construction Ltd Certificate for in-house courses.
The CPCS Trained Operator Card is not renewable (see follow-on courses below).
MEWP Refresher Course after 3 years for in-house courses.
Any Other Relevant Information
Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) Testing is carried out to CPCS standards by CPCS Approved Testers. CPCS testing consists of passing a Health, Safety and Environment test, then a CPCS Theory Test followed by a CPCS Practical Test. All tests may be monitored by CPCS.
Recommended Follow-On Courses
CPCS require that a Vocational Qualification (VQ) in Plant Operations (level 2) on MEWP is achieved within 2 years of gaining a CPCS Trained Operator Card. A CPCS Competent Operator Card, for this category, can be applied for upon achievement of the relevant VQ. The CPCS Competent Operator Card is valid for 5 years and is renewable.
There are no upcoming courses in MEWP Boom - Scissor
To enquire about this course please fill in the form below