Ride on Roller
Days: 1 – 5 (last day for CPCS testing)
1 – 4
By the end of the course the operator should be able to:
- Compact on inclines.
- Site and operate machine safely in response to given tasks.
- Recognise defects and hazards that affect road roller motions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under relevant legislation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of compaction, frequency and amplitude.
- Operate machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ manual and instructions and accepted good practice.
- Compact around radius
- Relevant regulations/legislation
- Emergency controls
- Introduction to machine
- Controls and instruments
- Limitations of use
- Refuelling procedures
- Pre-start inspection/maintenance
- Set the roller for compaction duties
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction
- Compact different materials to given instructions
- Compact up to supported and unsupported edges
- Procedures when compacting on inclines
- CPCS Theory Test Preparation
CPCS Trained Operator Card – Valid for 2 years.
Luddon Construction Ltd Theory and Practical Certificate for in-house courses.
The CPCS Trained Operator Card is not renewable (see follow-on courses below).
Road Roller Refresher Course after 3 years for in-house courses.
Any Other Relevant Information
Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) Testing is carried out to CPCS standards by CPCS Approved Testers. CPCS testing consists of passing a Health, Safety and Environment test, then a CPCS Theory Test followed by a CPCS Practical Test. All tests may be monitored by CPCS.
Recommended Follow-On Courses
CPCS require that a Vocational Qualification (VQ) in Plant Operations (level 2) on Road Roller is achieved within 2 years of gaining a CPCS Trained Operator Card. A CPCS Competent Operator Card, for this category, can be applied for upon achievement of the relevant VQ. The CPCS Competent Operator Card is valid for 5 years and is renewable.
There is 1 upcoming course in Ride on Roller
On the following dates
- 17 Jun 2019
To book or enquire fill in the form below