Asbestos Awareness (UKATA)
1 – 16
By the end of the course the delegate should be able to:
- Have an increased awareness of the nature and properties of asbestos and its effects on health, including the increased risk of lung cancer for asbestos workers who smoke
- Be familiar with types, uses and likely occurrences of asbestos in buildings and where appropriate items of plant
- Know how to avoid the risks from asbestos.
- Have an awareness of the general legislation in relation to health and safety and asbestos in particular.
- Procedures to be followed when coming into unintentional contact with ACM’s and an understanding of the appropriate emergency arrangements
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under relevant legislation
- Outline the properties, risks and its effects on health of asbestos exposure
- Have a general knowledge of the types, uses and likely occurrences of asbestos and ACM’s in
- How to avoid the risks from Asbestos
- Outline of legislation relating to asbestos
Asbestos Awareness refresher required annually
There are no upcoming courses in Asbestos Awareness (UKATA)
To enquire about this course please fill in the form below