Health and Safety Awareness
The Aim of the Course is to:
Enhance the Health and Safety Awareness of new entrants or experienced persons in the Construction Industry to:
- Update their basic knowledge of Health and Safety Awareness.
- Work at a significantly less risk to themselves and others.
- Understand safe working practices.
Who Must Attend The Course?
All operatives who are registering for the CSCS Scheme.
Candidates will participate in theory lessons all of which are highlighted by the use of OHP & Videos covering;
- Health and Safety at Work Legislation
- Accident reporting and emergency procedures
- Accident prevention
- Health and hygiene
- Manual handling
- Working at heights
- Working with electricity, underground and overhead services
- Use of hand held equipment and tools
- Personal protective equipment
- Safe use of vehicles
- Noise and vibration
- Fire prevention
- Excavations and Confined Spaces
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
- First Aid
CITB Site Safety Plus Certificate
The Health and Safety Awareness Certificate is renewable every 5 years
Any Other Relevant Information
In order to gain the Labourer CSCS card the Operatives Health Safety & Environmental Test must also have passed within the previous 2 years
Recommended Follow-On Courses
Site Safety Supervisor (2 Day)
Site Manager Safety (5 Day)
There are 2 upcoming courses in Health and Safety Awareness
On the following dates
- 13 Nov 2019
- 11 Dec 2019
To book or enquire fill in the form below